Sunday, February 21, 2010

I don't mean for it to slip my mind

Something else that happened Friday night at the party was I kept saying all these really funny things. For some reason when I get into social situations I just have to be funny. I have to make comments in a serious deadpan voice that are just hysterical. Apparently.

Thank goodness they all laughed -- though maybe not, since laughter is encouraging to my little comedienne tendency.

Nothing I said was memorable, though; at the end of the night we couldn't remember a single funny thing I'd said. So I guess I wasn't that funny.

Anyway, it reminded me of that first horrible week in March, when I thought that I might like to be a comedian because of all the good stories I had to tell, and then forgot them all. I should've written them down.

I was about to say, "Well, that's a note for the future because I'm going to be funny again sometime" but then I thought about it: How will it look if I'm at some sort of social gathering and every time I say something that people laugh at I whip out a little notebook or something and write it down, right then? I'm self-centered enough already.

Yeah, maybe it's best to just forget all my shining moments of hilariousness.


"White Light"

No comments:

floral