Saturday, February 20, 2010

windshield view and your hands steady on the wheel

Had another trip down south yesterday, to meet the incredible Chilly and our friends Paperback Writer and Alishka. It was a lot of fun!

And I really like driving. If I can put in a CD or listen to good music, I can just go. Singing along, speeding the whole way, both hands on the wheel.

My competitive side comes out when I drive. I like to be faster than the person trying to pass me. (Within reason; I do let a lot of people pass me.) I often like to be faster than the person in front of me too. My one speeding ticket two years ago was because I was mad at all the people passing me so forgot to slow down for the speed trap.

Despite that little tendency, I think I'm a good driver. Okay, yeah, I've wrecked all the cars we own (except the one I drive now) but there were definitely extenuating circumstances and the things I hit weren't moving! So there.

I got really lost last night, too. I often think that the minimal directions will be sufficient so I can miss important information like how far along each road I'm supposed to go. Or maybe even where I'm supposed to turn. But I still made it to my destination! Both times! (Leaving Chilly's house was really scary; I couldn't find my directions anywhere and so I was following Alishka but then I lost her and I didn't even know which way I was driving...it was intense.)

So, even though I sometimes run into things, and I can get a bit lost, and I love to go really fast, I am still a great driver. I am just awesome, you guys, that's the point of this post. It's the point of every post!


"Shasta (Carrie's Song)"

floral