Friday, November 20, 2009

what a fool you have made me

Wednesday night my family went to the high school's production of "Bye Bye Birdie." They did the same musical my junior year, but I can understand why they did it again: it just fit with the leads they had in mind.

Kim MacAfee and Albert Peterson happen to be siblings in our ward, friends of the family. They both did amazing jobs. Albert (his real name is Cole) sounded remarkably like Jimmy Stewart, which certainly isn't a bad thing.

The bad thing, however, is the crush I now have on him.

Hopefully it'll pass. I only seem to get crushes on 17-year-olds these days and they've all passed fairly rapidly. It's just another hallmark of my sad, pathetic life.

(Oh, phew. The attraction [if I wanted to call it such] has passed. Hopefully I don't go to another night of the musical...)

Well, that was fun. I don't know why I don't get crushes on boys my age. My family might stop making fun of me. (Actually, yesterday, with the memory of their teasing about Albert fresh in my mind, I made eye contact with a young man at Institute that might have been worth talking to if only because he looked like a mix between Yellow and CPM, but I was on my way to work and he was on his way out of class and my missionary tag wasn't visible and he was probably married anyway.)

That's all I wanted to say. I just needed to air my laundry. Good thing it's mostly clean, huh? I'm only at risk for being ridiculed for the rest of my life for liking boys four years younger than me.

I do have another post I've been sitting on for two weeks now, but I'm limiting myself to two posts a week while it's November so I don't end on an unfortunate number (read: odd) for a week. So look for it in another 6 days or so. Or I may decide to do it sooner. The problem is I'm coming up on 47, which ... I didn't watch enough Alias to start liking the number, so I want it as shortly as possible. Ooh. Rambling. Bye!


"Stray Italian Greyhound" ~ Vienna Teng

No comments:

floral