Saturday, November 21, 2009

if I were that kind of grateful [third edition]

Here we go! Another good week.

15: I am grateful for a surprisingly comfortable hard seat.
16: I am grateful for the love that spurred me to make the most epic missionary letter I've ever crafted.*
17: I am grateful for being trusted to keep a secret that I couldn't keep for more than a couple hours.
18: I am grateful for a new job, if only because anyone else would be grateful for one.
19: I am grateful for finally looking like a missionary, in hopes it will improve my behavior.
20: I am grateful for a testimony of temple marriage.
21: I am grateful for the best wedding breakfast I've ever been to in my life. Maybe the first. Still the best.

"The Last Snowfall" ~ Vienna Teng

*In the spirit of keeping these to one sentence (mostly), but still proud of my accomplishments in this arena, I would like to make a footnote describing what this letter entailed. It was 5 pages long, and around the edges of each page I created a different style of stationery. The first page was in amino acid code in apt fall colors, and the other pages had one word in amino acid code describing the stationery I drew and colored. (As in, "circle" for the circles I drew -- that page took the longest by far.) I also included a bonus page for a Christmas present (as the years have gone on I've gotten progressively lazier in my packages for missionaries). I printed off pictures of my siblings (with the appropriate significant others) and also drew a couple other pictures because photos of my escapades are often nonexistent. I didn't draw Brother W at all fat enough, but my art skills are ... less than great. And I even colored the pictures this time! It was an upgrade.

It took me all week, but I'm pleased with it. I just feel bad that she won't have time to spend forever perusing it -- missionaries are busy.

No comments:

floral