Friday, October 3, 2014

call it any name you need

I'm a little disappointed that it's not feasible for me to watch the BYU v. USU game tonight (I'm sure we'll get the highlights, but it's not the same). I've been catching that show ever since I graduated from college. It's always a good time.

As I'm pondering football parties and football games, I think about the players whose names I actually know. Wait, I just remembered that I know the BYU quarterback too! He has a made-up name.

Anyway. Pretty much the only BYU players I know are Robertson Daniel and Jordan Leslie. Because their names spoke to me.

I think that if I had a last name that's really a first name like 'Daniel', I too would name all my children with last names as their given names. Like Robertson.

Also when I think about Jordan Leslie I'm reminded of that quote from Bridge to Terabithia. Jordan Leslie can go backward or forward, be a boy or a girl. If my last name were Leslie...

I would have to change my given name. Let's be honest.

Anyway, that's what I do when faced with the prospect of airports and long flights. I think about football player names.

No comments:

floral