Monday, July 28, 2014

followers of my faith [Mormon Monday 50]

#7daysofinspiration Day Three:Share a quote or scripture that has inspired you.

Monday night I went over to my grandparents' house. I mentioned that I'm not much of a downtown SLC girl and my grandmother told me how much she used to love being downtown. When her mother was at UEA, her dad would take the kids to ZCMI and other places to play hide and seek, or just have fun downtown. She has happy memories there.

I don't really have anything to say about preparing for the future. I am trying to come up with a menu for an upcoming bridal shower, and figure out a time to make things, so that's as far into the future as I am preparing!

But boy did I do a great job living in the present on Monday! It's so easy with children (when they're pleasant) to just experience things with them. I spent several minutes at a puddle with my nephew, just splashing, watching the water slide up the concrete, discussing the dirtiness of the water. Sometimes in my day-to-day life it's hard for me to remember that every moment of my life is blessed if I will just see it. But I try.

(Not the Mormoniest MM I've ever posted. Not the Mormoniest thing President Monson has ever said, either.)

No comments:

floral