Monday, August 4, 2014

followers of my faith [Mormon Monday 51]

Today is exactly a year from when I first began my Mormon Mondays. To celebrate, I just read through a year's worth (minus the times I used Scripture Mastery Times as my MM) of faith-promoting thoughts by me (though primarily by other people).

It has been really good for me to have this...responsibility, as it were. It gives me a reason to spend a little more time pondering the gospel. It's also been difficult, not least because I have a lot of friends that do a much better job at discussing and applying the gospel. That makes me almost not want to share my paltry thoughts (I mean, check out this blog, would ya? I like it a lot.)

I just realized it sounded like I'm quitting now that it's been a year, and I'm inadequate.

I'm not.

This is, however, a commitment to do better at these. I may be the only one that's noticed how long it's been since I posted on a Monday, and how often I just use Mormon Channel graphics (which I do like, but often feel like cop-outs if I don't have anything to say about them). I can do better.

(This is a stretch, but I figured I'd go ahead and use another Mormon Channel graphic to cement the deal so I need to make it fit, so...I am not defining myself by my transgressions, but I'm letting my past mistakes [and I'm not just talking my lackluster MMs here] guide my goals for the future. That's what God wants me to do, see?)




Well. We can surmise what God wants us to do with our lives, even though it's not specifically talking about what He would rather. So let's listen to the right people!

No comments:

floral