Monday, August 11, 2014

followers of my faith [Mormon Monday 52]

This past week I had some car trouble. A couple days in I was like, "Please don't make this be a gospel analogy" but it was.

So what happened is I started hearing a scraping noise at low speeds. Not all the time, though. Just sometimes. I figured I must've run over something (like a branch or some plastic) that got stuck under my car.

For a little while I thought I would wait to see if it removed itself.

Then, when the scraping continued, I checked under the car a few times. I did that for a while, reasoning that I couldn't see very well in the dark parking garage, or in the bright sunlight of evening when I got home. When conditions cooperated, I did a thorough check. But I couldn't find anything.

I even sort of looked at the brakes and other miscellaneous parts, but I didn't know what I was looking at. (By this point I had really given up hope that this wasn't a gospel analogy.)

Finally I determined that I had to take it in. And man, was it expensive. And preventable, if I'd paid more attention to my car. But at least all is well now (I hope).

Rest assured that I have taken this message to heart (the paying attention to my car message as well as the gospel analogy message), since it was definitely for me.

Sometimes we have problems in our lives that we are determined to figure out on our own. I can do almost anything, surely I can overcome this as well! But I can't always do everything on my own. (Especially since I tend to procrastinate until the time is 'right' to tackle the problem.)

Enter humility. I have to accept that this is not a problem I can solve. Then, enter the Atonement! Let the Professional handle this one.

And I shouldn't wait too long otherwise it'll cost more. That's unfortunate.

But, in the end, all will be well.

No comments:

floral