Thursday, June 26, 2014

followers of my faith [Mormon Monday 46]

Last night I was feeling kind of sad about the news, so I prayed if I should have the priesthood. (Was that too much of a non-sequitur? It made sense when it was late.)

It took me almost no time to realize I was asking the wrong question. What I need to be asking is, "How can I best build the kingdom of God?" And for me, the answer is definitely not by getting the priesthood. In fact, there is so much God would have me do to serve that I don't think I would ever have time to say, "All right, I've reached the extent of my usefulness. In order to continue I must be ordained." I'm not saying that no woman could feel that way, but that for me it is so far from my needs and wants at this time.

That's just how I feel. Trying to reach a place that I can see.

No comments:

floral