Monday, June 2, 2014

followers of my faith [Mormon Monday 43]

Another one of the MM drafts I made right after stake conference says "careful and troubled about many things."

I think I know what it's about, but stake conference was a while ago so I'm mostly just guessing.

In our stake we do this cool thing where not only do they have priesthood leadership meeting for the guys, they also invite all the Relief Society sisters in the stake to a stake Relief Society meeting as part of stake conference. This quote is from one of the girls in our stake, who I really like even though I don't know her all that well (I see her in the cafeteria though, since we both work here).

Well, I mean, the quote is from the scriptures. Specifically, this story:
38 ¶Now it came to pass, as they went, that he entered into a certain village: and a certain woman named Martha received him into her house.
39 And she had a sister called Mary, which also sat at Jesus’ feet, and heard his word.
40 But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me.
41 And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou art careful and troubled about many things:
42 But one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.
(Luke 10:38–42)
 We really tend to be careful and troubled about many things. I'm in a good place in life and I'm still troubled about many things (and I am being very careful not to fall off my shoes). But sometimes we just need to take a second. Have faith. Do this thing:
16 Therefore, let your hearts be comforted concerning Zion; for all flesh is in mine hands; be still and know that I am God. (D&C 101:16)
And...there were some other cool things she said in her talk that meant a lot to me, so I hope I wrote them down. My notes aren't here, though. So I'll let y'all draw your own conclusions about how to apply this to your life.

No comments:

floral