Tuesday, June 15, 2010

these colors make my eyes hurt

Dear friends: This entry is about my awesome bruises. Please skip it if you don't want to see them.

I bruise easily! I'm one of those people you hear about all the time that loves to tell you about all the times they discover bruises in places they don't remember running into. I've started to hate those people, and I don't tell those stories very often, so I'm going to go ahead and get it all out now. You can hate me.

I especially love those bruises whose origins I know. Way better stories, for one thing. For example, you know those bruises you get from getting your wisdom teeth out? I had 'em! I had 'em good. Mine came from the oral surgeon holding on so tightly to my face to get my teeth out. I know this because I was awake. Only way to do wisdom teeth, in my opinion.

Then there's that time working grounds when I ran into the fire hydrant. That was a beauty. Same week I bumped my leg on the truck trying to get in. Also a beauty. (Since it's been 3 years I don't remember which is which, but these photos were both taken the same night.)






I've got some awesome bruises right now! There are some that seem to have faded (right when I went to take a picture, too!) that were definitely thumbprints on my lower leg. Can't you just picture the surgeons, holding my leg steady while they rammed the nail in? Whoo. And then there's my knee.

I think I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves.



Ah, yes, you see the lovely bruise all along my knee there, continuing all the way underneath? Now that's cool.

(My mom would like the viewing population to know that the bruises look worse in real life than they do in the pictures, but when is that ever not the case?)


"Stray Italian Greyhound"

No comments:

floral