Sunday, June 20, 2010

the shape of the boundary you leave behind

I've been playing Solitaire lately. Every time I play more than a few games a day I have this vision in my head of a great competition -- but it would never work, because I'm the only I know that would be interested in it.

I play one-draw, timed game. In my ideal little competition world we would play for a set time (10 minutes, for example) and the point would be to have the most points. Often I think that a sub-category for number of seconds spent on a game would be good, too, but if you're already playing a set time...I'm still working on it.

Anyway, I think I could do pretty well at that competition. I've found myself training to end a game with the most points even if I'm not winning. It's pretty ridiculous.

Why am I telling you about this silly daydream that I've had for years? Because I got tired of having the bruise post at the top. And nothing much else is going on in my life that is worth blogging about. (Not that this is a particularly stellar example.)


"Harbor"

1 comment:

Monica and Andy said...

My mom and sisters may be interested in a solitaire competition... I could join too but I'd have to do the draw one thing instead of draw three. ;)

floral