Thursday, January 28, 2010

it just takes so much to break a habit

Past couple nights I've resurrected one of my favorite childhood tapes. It's called "Jammin' 5 a Day" and it's all about eating fruits and vegetables.

We loved this tape! I can still sing along to most of the songs (and I still love them -- I had an epic dance party by myself the other day). But I'm afraid that the intent (to make us think that fruits and veggies are to be desired) has kind of flopped.

Or, really flopped.

My youngest sister counts it a great accomplishment that she can now eat a whole baby carrot at lunch!*

The rest of our family is better, but we still don't love veggies. Not even when they have, ahem, "Phytochemicals! They fight to protect your health! Fruits and vegetables, something something something, get some for yourself!"

We've never had broccoli at home in my life, despite the song insisting that broccoli is "A real cool veggie."

Oh well.

I think, now that we're done watching "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs,"** I'm going to turn the tape on again! Yay!


"White Light" ~ Vienna Teng


*She has improved a lot; she used to throw up at the thought of ingesting a pea.
**I came in about 20 min after the movie started, but got the gist; it was nice until the last 15 minutes when it got just a little bit too creative. And the credits were trippy.

1 comment:

Kyra Moon said...

Steamed broccoli is amazing stuff. Thanks Kevin.

floral