Monday, September 29, 2008

flannel and satin

FHE is about to start (have I mentioned how much I love having it at my apartment?) but I thought I'd get started anyway.

Today I wore a pink sweater I got for Christmas a couple years ago. It's not a hard-core sweater, because it was only a little chilly at 6 this morning[1], but it is long-sleeved and whatnot. I like to wear my pink necklace with it.

It also has a red heart sticker on it. When I first saw it, I was surprised. Had I really not worn the sweater since Valentine's Day? That's when I got the sticker. Karyn gave it to me at ballet. She actually gave me two, one for each wrist, so I would remember to lift them[2].

that day, I got a lot of comments about my heart sticker. I don't know why. It was Valentine's Day. More people should've been wearing heart stickers.

Today, I got 0 comments. I don't know what to think about that. Everyone I know must be so used to my eccentricity that the fact I wear stickers on my clothing is accepted as a matter of course, like when I wear a flower in my hair.

Of course, I didn't think anything of the sticker until this afternoon, when I got a glimpse of it in the mirror. So maybe they just all ignored it like I did.

Maybe I should wear a sticker every day just to see if anyone notices. The only problem with this plan is that I only have spider stickers. I guess this is the right time of year for it!

[1] I couldn't believe how dark it was as I walked to school this morning. All the stars were still out, and I could identify constellations. Last time I walked to school it wasn't that dark. (I mean, last time I walked to school around 6, not when I ran to class at 8:45.)

[2] Just a note, I play piano for ballet classes. Karyn was the teacher I played for last year. I love her. I miss her. She was nice and easy to play for and she liked me.

[3] (no, there is no 3 footnote. get over it, I do this all the time.) Speaking of Valentine's Day ... no, I don't want to talk about it. Never mind.

Title from "Recessional" ~ Vienna Teng (sensing a pattern?)

People are coming over for FHE. I'd better go out.

No comments:

floral