Sunday, September 21, 2008

It's the crowded room that breaks me

I've been lucky the past three years. I've not had too many classes that require me to walk in the area between the library and JFSB. This year, unfortunately, that is not the case. I have a class in the JKB, then one in the MARB, then another in the JKB, then one in the WIDB.

Good crimeny.

Between every class is a desperate struggle for my life. So many students, all going different directions (and very few of them headed toward the MARB, so traffic fights against me). I have never once made it across the courtyard without having at least one near collision. And they often happen when both of us realize contact is imminent, but neither of us know which way to deflect. Yeesh.

And the saddest part is, I can't really do anything about it. I could go all the way around the library and head for the less-traveled path, but despite my fear of getting hit, that would take a lot longer and I like being on time to my classes.

I'm just glad I'm better at navigating a car than I am at navigating myself. Maybe we should make a rule that you always pass on the right? That would make my life easier.

/rant that's more like a complaint

Title: "Nothing Without You" ~ Vienna Teng

No comments:

floral