Monday, December 1, 2014

followers of my faith [Mormon Monday 61]

Last night some friends and I celebrated the beginning of Advent by singing selections from the Messiah (do I italicize or quote, I don't know). It was a good time.
(x)
There's us! If you need help finding me, my roommate is wearing green in the upper left hand corner and I am sitting next to her. She makes it so easy! (I should've worn green too.)

It wasn't...my most dignified performance, however. We messed up somehow during one of the songs and I had a moment of panic that I would never be able to find out where the line was, and my response was to start laughing like a crazy person. I was laughing too hard to sing. Our song ended and we proceeded into the next piece and I was still laughing.

Remembering it later, I laughed through the entire closing prayer. I can't even remember the last time that happened.

But! Besides those two embarrassing moments, it was a great experience. I've been thinking about our final piece a little bit today. We sounded about this good:




11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
 12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
 13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power,be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever. (Revelation 5:11-13)
I enjoyed singing it but I started to realize that I'm not sure I've ever felt to shout "Praise the Lamb forever" or similar. Why not?? He did this big thing for me! And for everyone! It's a big deal! Also He's God.

Not sure if I need to listen to this music more or change some of my attitudes, but I think I would like to sing that song and really truly mean it.

No comments:

floral