Monday, September 29, 2014

followers of my faith [Mormon Monday 55]

Yesterday for our closing hymn in sacrament meeting we sang #157, "Thy Spirit, Lord, Has Stirred Our Souls."

And, I kind of love it? It was in my head the rest of the day.

The lyrics really spoke to me about how I feel when I'm really inspired by the Spirit:
1. Thy Spirit, Lord, has stirred our souls,
And by its inward shining glow
We see anew our sacred goals
And feel thy nearness here below.
No burning bush near Sinai
Could show thy presence, Lord, more nigh. 
2. "Did not our hearts within us burn?"
We know the Spirit's fire is here.
It makes our souls for service yearn;
It makes the path of duty clear.
Lord, may it prompt us, day by day,
In all we do, in all we say.
One time I really felt that this weekend (not that our testimony meeting was bad yesterday) was during the General Women's Meeting. I felt my soul for service yearn, saw anew my sacred goals. Maybe later (like next week or something) I'll talk about my takeaway messages from the meeting, but I need to check my notes again first. Just know that I really enjoyed it, and the Spirit whispered to me.

So way to go, person that chooses the hymns!

No comments:

floral