Saturday, February 1, 2014

gotta move, gotta choose

I realized that I was perhaps a bit disingenuous when I deleted my drafts for Epiphany. See, while I deleted 18 drafts and that was great, I still have 100 left. My wording in that post was unclear on that point. I keep a lot of drafts.

But the other day I was voting for Teen Choice awards for YA books in 2013, and in order to narrow it down to 5 I had to go through the list and write down every book I read that I would be willing to see on a top choices list, even if I might not necessarily vote for them. To keep track, I created another draft.

And it's bugging me to have 101 drafts. So here's the 18 or so books I narrowed the list down to before I picked the 5 to vote for (indicated by a hyphen). It was pretty tough; try not to judge me for not voting for a book you loved, because chances are I loved it too.

-All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill
All the Truth That's In Me by Julie Berry
The Bitter Kingdom by Rae Carson
The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White
The Clockwork Scarab by
-A Corner of White by Jaclyn Moriarty
Curtsies & Conspiracies by Gail Carriger
The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
Earthbound by Aprilynne Pike
Golden by Jessi Kirby
Goodbye, Rebel Blue by Shelly Coriell
-Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay
Red by Allison Cherry
-The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson
Rose Under Fire by Elizabeth Wein
The Runaway King by Jennifer Nielsen
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
-Shadows by Robin McKinley
This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer Smith

There, now I can delete that draft.

No comments:

floral