Monday, January 27, 2014

followers of my faith [Mormon Monday 26]

Over a month ago, I told you about the special fireside for sisters I had the opportunity to attend. I also said I'd have more to say about it, but what with Christmas and copping-out, I'm only just getting to more discussion.

Possibly my favorite moment was a comment my friend made. I've known her since I moved in the ward and the more I know the more I like her. She is wise.

We were talking about trials. She brought up the example of the Provo UT Tabernacle, which burned down in December 2010. God didn't cause the fire, but the result of the fire is that this beloved building will now be a temple (which I think we all have to admit is a step up).

When we have trials, God will use those as opportunities to make us truly better people, even though He does not specifically give us the challenges.

We can go from this:
Provo Tabernacle Ruins 1
source
To this (except we won't just be artist's renderings):
source that happens to be a great informative article if you're curious

And while we may have liked being cottages, I think we will find that being a heavenly mansion is so much happier.

No comments:

floral