Monday, December 9, 2013

followers of my faith [Mormon Monday 19]

Last weekend I drove home for the holiday, even though there was no one there. To my surprise, the Christmas lights were on, and as I pulled in I saw the tree lit, adding a warm welcome to the otherwise empty house.

As you may have been able to tell from my last post, I basically just hung out at my house by myself all day. The pleasant feeling I got when I saw the glittering Christmas tree remained, because it felt like I was at home. (I was at home!)

It reminds me of the song, "My Shepherd Will Supply My Need." In the last verse we sing, "There would I find a settled rest, while others go and come. No more a stranger nor a guest, but like a child at home."

I love being at home. I love the idea of feeling that way in the house of the Lord.

1 comment:

Heather@Women in the Scriptures said...

there really is no better feeling than that "home" feeling. It seems to always be especially strong at Christmas. It is nice to "meet" you and thanks for your tips on online seminary. And thank you for your hard work. The program is really wonderful.

floral