Friday, November 29, 2013

it's a psalm from the book

I'm at home today (alone, because my family went to Kansas for the holiday) and thought I'd clean out my cubby, which has yielded quite the treasures. (I think for the white elephant I have to do next week I'll give them apple cider lip gloss and radish seeds. Though there is a $10 iTunes gift card in here too.)

Since I'm right by the computer I thought I'd turn on the tunes, and shuffle has been very fun for me. I mean, there are some songs I've never heard of before. And then there's this one, which brings up all sorts of memories:
Why Don't You & I (feat. Chad Kroeger) by Santana on Grooveshark
This song was featured one of my mom's very first "mixes" (we have a few now). I remember being in the car with her and my aunt She-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named as they justified listening to popular music for the first time in their lives.

"It's basically doctrinal, this part where they sing 'Why don't you and I fly to the moon and straight on to heaven, because without you they're never going to let me in', it's a good song!"

And so while I rarely choose to listen to the song, I always have a happy memory of how full of doctrine the song is. And if I said I didn't like it then you know I lied.

No comments:

floral