Sunday, May 1, 2011

half-smiles as if to say

I'll get to the booklist in a bit, but first I have a joke to tell. I hope the set-up required doesn't make it not funny any more.

So Kyra and Kevin had been at a party where they played the ever-popular game, "In the manner of the Adverb."
Kyra: I'd never seen Kevin wash his hair suavely before.
Leslie: I prefer Equate.*
Everyone else: *silence*
Leslie: Sorry, that was kind of an off-brand joke.
Everyone else: *still silence*
Leslie: Well, I think it's hilarious.

*I didn't actually say that, but it was close. Last night, as I was still considering the joke hilarious, I thought of so many better lines I could say (that don't make much sense, but jokes in our family often don't). "I'd Equate that with shampooing his hair." "Wouldn't you rather he Equate that than Suave it?" Oh goodness. Such fun.

Title text: "Whatever You Want"

2 comments:

becca said...

I thought it was funny.

Kyra Moon said...

I guess I just didn't hear very well, because that is funny.

floral