Sunday, December 26, 2010

passage of time

Sometimes I feel very keenly my age, but I can never decide whether I feel very young or quite old.

I certainly feel young to be working for the Church, at the Logan Institute. Everyone there (even the young secretary) seems so experienced, settled. When I think that I'm just 22, and how many years that brings the average age down, I feel uncomfortable and shy.

Sometimes I feel young to think about teaching, or getting married. Why would I expect high school students to listen to what I say? As far as getting married goes...I don't even want to talk about it.

But then I feel old. Most of the people I want to be my friends are 18 or 19. I think, Why would they want to be friends with me? I graduated college before they even graduated high school! I've got all this life experience on them and we have nothing in common. But I want to be their friends anyway.

Most of the times I feel old are in my ward. Most of the times I feel young are at work. I guess that means I'm just the right age. And I should get used to that...


"Recessional"

No comments:

floral