Friday, October 23, 2009

to come out from under the covers

Please select one of the following options concerning a new blog post so soon after my last one:

a) I am still bitten by the blogging bug.
b) I had 37 posts, and that is one of the worst possible numbers -- prime, two odd numbers, and ending in 7. So I need a new one quick.
c) I have something important to say.
d) Two of the above.
e) All of the above.


So, it's going to snow this weekend. That is not something I was planning to say, but I looked outside (it doesn't look anything besides slightly dreary) and that's what came to mind.

The fall colors have been really pretty this year. They always are. But I was so blessed to be able to drive through Sardine Canyon in the morning twice! Nothing quite like the early sunshine on the leaves.

As it has gotten a little chilly of late, I've started using the electric blanket I got this spring. (On a side note, I have received so many blankets it's ridiculous. There's probably one for every room in the house.) It's nice when I'm first settling into my cold bed in my cold room, but usually before I fall asleep I have to either unplug it or take it off, because apparently hot flashes are just a part of life now. I have been slightly nervous about electric blankets ever since reading that Andrew Clements book about a kid who used one and woke up invisible the next morning. So far that hasn't happened.

Here is where I was going to put the other thing I wanted to blog about, but I can't remember what it was. I got distracted thinking of one of my November blogs last night and it slipped out of my memory. If I remember it, I'll come back and put it in.


"Daughter" ~ Vienna Teng

2 comments:

Sam, The Nanti-SARRMM said...

D. (A and C I suppose)

Leslie said...

Hmm. Possibly D. B was the only for sure one. My number aversion is a real thing (I currently have 237 friends on Facebook and it's driving me crazy) but if you thought I had something important to say your answer is also valid.

floral