Tuesday, January 20, 2015

laughs as tears run down her face

After my first round of chemo, I decided I wanted to become a comedian. "There's just so much material here!" I exclaimed. Then I wrote it all down in a WordPerfect document and never did anything with it again.

When I was lately at home I found the document (entitled, of course, justroutine.wpd because that was probably what my comedy routine would've been called). Here's the entirety of the file:
The WalMart trip is amusing.
Don’t touch that, I’m poisonous.
Being at home – Kiana and oranges, Kaylie and Jennie (maybe), family videos perhaps
Irony of yesterday, perhaps (the dance, the hair, etc., and then being in the hospital).  I bet I could make Derek pretty funny
learning to walk normally again
being in the hospital – coming out of anaesthesia, sleeping all the time, never getting a good night’s rest because people are always coming to see you.  Ooh, the nifty port!  Being poisoned.  The countless visits from people even during the day and how I don’t remember any of them.
Tattoos!
Lame
I went crazy
Yep.

After pondering for a while I can remember what most of these are referring to (not all of them -- who knows what I was talking about with "Kaylie and Jennie" or the "amusing" WalMart trip). But I don't think they're all that funny. Maybe it would've been the delivery?

I guess it was mostly my determination to see the bright side of the situation, and it worked.

(I do still think "Don't touch that, I'm poisonous" is funny, but not hilarious.)

And there ended my career in comedy.

No comments:

floral