Tuesday, April 1, 2014

for I have made her [Scripture Mastery Times: Genesis 1:26-27]

April is going to be Anatomy month. I took March off but I need to start studying for the final so I can get my money's worth out of the class I decided to take on my own (which is never a good plan for Human Anatomy, I think; too much information to try to teach myself).

I have enjoyed learning more about what our body is made up of, though. I will always prefer the physiology to just knowing what bones are named, but it is neat to know what bones are named.

We are amazing creations. Every living thing is a fascinating complex being, but humans are special. To think that a bunch of wiring and minerals can lead to us! God really knew what He was doing.
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
I think it's important to remember that we're made in God's image. I know the biology of embryology but I still believe our individual makeup is guided by God. Let us not hate too much the gift of our bodies, even if they're broken or not working quite right.


No comments:

floral