Wednesday, April 30, 2014

a lovely one, my sister

Today is my sister Kyra's birthday. She's turning 24 which happens to be one of my favorite numbers, so she is very lucky. Kyra is my best friend so I thought I'd do a 24-picture montage of our life together, which has been 24 years long. Conveniently, I could only find 24 pictures of just the two of us at such short notice, so this is great. (No particular order.)


I feel like I can't caption all of these or I'll run out of cute things to say, because a lot of these are cute.

We had been hiding! Then we were found. She was short.

Sweet serenade

fun times on the deck with a Pooh bear and 90's bows

According to my sister, when she dressed like this I sang at her, "Here comes the bride, all dressed in pink. Open the window, cuz she really stinks!" And she cried.

She continues to just be so short!

Matching.

So pink! I'm hoping it's the reflection and not our imminent sunburns.

This is it. This is the only exception to "just the two of us".

We had lots of fun in the unfinished basement, and on that trike. And with each other.

A lot of our dress-up clothes didn't even fit us until we got bigger. (She was still short.)
She was a baby once.

Inexplicable fun times
She was much, much braver at this than me.
We call this picture "Ventriloquism" because she is the brains of the operation and I am the empty-headed blatherer


There's us as grownups. She was 17. I was 19. Hahaha that is not a grownup
Endless fun with my sister
There's another person in this picture but you can't even see her face. You can see Kyra though. We loved roadtrips
I can't remember the original picture that said "Dramatic tendencies." So here, a year later, a different one! We matched.
Let it never be said that we didn't eat dinner together

Let it also never be said that we never played a game together
We also went out to the west desert together, in our matching white hats
Also we went to this desert together. (She's short.)
Okay, but see, she grew! Look how not-short she is!

We don't get as many pictures of us taken nowadays. Just some nice g+ hangout ones with flattering webcam lighting. But I don't think she wants me to put those in public. We talk almost every day and have lots of fun and I am glad she's my sister.

Bonus pic. The most recent I could find and it's still almost 2 years old.


No comments:

floral