Tuesday, October 1, 2013

I can trace all my books [2013:Q3]

I read a lot of really great books this past quarter. And I have a lot to look forward to this next month or two, as well! (The holds I've put on are starting to come in. It's pretty thrilling.)

July
81. The Writing Class by Jincy Willett
82. Unnatural Creatures compiled by Neil Gaiman
83. The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson
84. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
85. Ruby Redfort Take Your Last Breath by Lauren Child
86. Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
87. After the War by Libby Sternburg
88. The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker
89. Hiding Out at the Pancake Palace by Nan Mariano
90. The Reluctant Heiress by Eva Ibbotson
91. Goblin War by Hilari Bell
92. Greater Than Rubies by Hallee Bridgman

August
93. A Civil Contract by Georgette Heyer
94. The Curse of the Pharaohs by Elizabeth Peters
95. Susannah's Truth by Dana Landers
96. Cousin Kate by Georgette Heyer
97. The Rose Throne by Mette Ivie Harrison
98. Earthbound by Aprilynne Pike
99. Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay
100. Undaunted Love by Jennings Wright
101. The School for Good and Evil by Soman Chainani
102. Wildwood Dancing by Juliet Marillier

September
103. Erasing Time by C.J. Hill
104. Cybele's Secret by Juliet Marillier
105. Felicite Found by Julia King
106. My Unfair Godmother by Janette Rallison
107. Pride's Prejudice by Misty Dawn Pulsipher
108. Frederica by Georgette Heyer
109. Notes from an Accidental Band Geek by Erin Dionne
110. The Counterfeit Family Tree of Vee Crawford-Wong by L. Tam Holland
111. Cast in Sorrow by Michelle Sagara

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Which ones were really great?! I want to know!

Leslie said...

It's kind of cheating because some of them were rereads, like "Wildwood Dancing" and "My Unfair Godmother" -- but I enjoyed them even on the reread, so that's good!

I really liked "Code Name Verity", "The Golem and the Jinni", "Earthbound", "Of Beast and Beauty" (prob my surprise fave), "Frederica", and "Erasing Time".

To say the ones I liked would include most of the rest of the list (except for the ones I didn't like, which I am too nice to enumerate).

You should look at the synopses before you check them out, to make sure the genre is in your taste.

floral