Thursday, October 14, 2010

be happy the way things are

I'm that girl...
...cutting across the grass
...wearing a jacket when it's slightly too warm
...hair a shambles, falling into her eyes[1]
...skirt unfashionably long
...shoes unfashionably short
...clutching a binder to her heart
...limping slightly in that way of the academic scurrying out of the sunshine
...hitting herself in the head with her keys[2] when she gets a parking ticket for being too absent-minded to put up her parking permit

If only I wore glasses, right? Or am I hopelessly nerdy enough as it is?

Actually, except for the ticket part I kind of like this persona. I can look cute and normal, but this is my natural degeneration and I am fond of it. I accept this side of me!

...and that's pretty much all I have to say about that.

"The Tower" ~ Vienna Teng

[1] Yesterday was one of those hair disasters that happen to me all the time. I wasn't content with how my hair looked when I got to work, so I turned on the webcam and redid it, with only two ponytail holders and two bobby pins to try and tame the beast. It worked okay, but by the time I was wandering across the grass it'd all come loose; my hair was having the grandest time covering my eyes and looking vaguely slovenly no matter what I did. Which wasn't much, since I didn't have any more pins. I've learned to embrace the disaster, but maybe it's time to embrace the usage of hair products.

[2] The keys were incidental; I was facepalming and my keys just happened to be in my hand. It was really very stupid of me to forget that permit sitting on the seat next to me.

No comments:

floral