Sunday, May 23, 2010

forgive me the confusion

Sometimes I chat with people and I use emoticons they don't know. Or we use the same emoticons and they mean totally different things! So here's what a bunch of them mean to me:

>.>
<.<
Shifty eyes! When I'm being devious, or sneaky, or shifty. First one's looking right, then left. Usually I just use one, unless I'm being extra shifty.

@.@
I don't really agree with this one (I mean, how I use it). I'm rolling my eyes here. I kind of like the idea of being hypnotized or crazy or whatnot, but hypnosis doesn't come up a lot in my conversations, which I guess means I need to have some new conversations.

O.O
Shocked.

o.O
Weirded out.

-___-
Not. Amused.

Those are about all the emoticons I use. I know others, but have no reason to use them ever (besides the ever-basic paransmilies, a term I think I will start using a lot).


Now, as for interjections, here is how I use various common ones:

Aw
Cute, sad, sympathy, etc.

Aaaa
Screaming! Also allowed with an h (Aaah).

Ah
Like aha, but classier. Sudden understanding or idea, pronounced like the a in father.

Ooh
This is the one for seeing cool things. Ooh, I like it.

Ohh
When I finally get it. Like, Ohhh, right.

Heh
Kind of like saying, "Oh, you're very funny." Among other things I can't itemize at the moment...

Hee
Amused.

/any action here
So, I don't know a lot of html. I can do links, I can format, that's about it. But I do know that a slash signals the end of the formatting. If I'm done with a rant, /rant. If I'm done gushing about something, /gushing. If I'm done with a story, /story. Make sense?


The main point of this post, besides to help people understand me, is so other people can start using all of these words correctly too! Now that I've helped you all out you can stop using them wrong.

*ahem*

Yeah, just being a little passive-aggressive OCD here, move right along. I'll talk about something real later.


"Momentum"

3 comments:

Chillygator said...

You can hypnotize me.

I always roll my eyes like this e_e

I use that one a lot. Especially at work.

Kyra Moon said...

This reminds me of the most recent SSB post.

Leslie said...

Oh, Kyra, I think TAMN stole the idea from me. Which is embarrassing.

floral