Wednesday, March 31, 2010

if this were my last glimpse of winter

Sorry I haven't posted all month. I just haven't had anything I wanted to say.

But I accomplished something today!

I woke up this morning and it was snowing. That's nothing new; this is Cache Valley, after all, and it's still March. The exciting thing was what seeing the snow falling on the world, starting to white out the edges, did to me.

I walked to the piano, and for the first time in my life, played this song:



I even got the key right! It was a little bit low for me with this cold but I've ended up playing/singing this song pretty much every time I look out the window. I have to stop whatever I'm doing and find the nearest piano.

Granted, I don't have all the notes; but the fact that I was able to figure out the chord progression is softening the blog of this last snowfall for me.


"The Last Snowfall" ~ Vienna Teng

1 comment:

Barbara said...

And probably softening the blow, too. I love hearing you sing and play!

floral