Wednesday, December 19, 2018

found a calling sweet

In August I got called as an FHE group leader. It was...not a calling I wanted. At all. So I tried to think of something that I could do, that I could feel like I was good at and show that I'm making an effort even though the calling really is anathema to me.

So I decided to make cookies.

The Cookie of the Month was born.

Mostly September cookies with one October cookie


It's only been 4 months (and we haven't even had individual groups for November and December, so I had to find other events I could share my cookies during), but here's the cookies I've made so far -- to general acclaim.

September:
Raspberry Lemon Cookies from The Food Charlatan
(I used limes, because that's what I had.)

October:
Brown Butter Caramel Snickerdoodles from Cleobuttera
(I used store caramels)

November:
Chocolate Truffle Cookies from Mel's Kitchen Cafe

December:
Gingerbread Biscoff Oatmeal Cookies from Mel's Kitchen Cafe


We'll see what experiments I find to try next year!

No comments:

floral