Monday, February 8, 2016

-

The summer I was 20 I lived with my grandparents, Mima and Granddaddy. Granddaddy passed away a few days ago and I was thinking back on my time with them -- they both showed me incredible patience. I also have one story that comes to mind...

So that summer was when Granddaddy had a car he preferred to drive around, this one:

what a GEM
It was always a thrill to go careening down neighborhood streets in that car vehicle, which had a top mph of I think 25. (One time we even drove it on Center Street (speed limit 40) which was extra exciting, but it was important that we buy that ice cream.*)

One time I asked why he preferred this car vehicle, and he responded "I want to leave my descendants an earth to live on."

I appreciated that.

[*the summer I lived with them they were very careful to always have ice cream for me to eat. I appreciated that too.]

No comments:

floral