Thursday, February 19, 2015

and the words, they're everything [10]

For FHE this week we had a tri-ward activity and one portion of it was speed dating. For some reason. Anyway one of the suggested questions was if we knew what LARP-ing was. And I do! Because, as I told the guy who was shocked and appalled at my knowledge, "I have my finger on the pulse of geek culture."

And these WWIS posts prove it. Well, they more prove that I have a passing knowledge of pop culture, but pop, geek, all the same these days.

For example, this meme recently had a resurgence when the President himself made a video employing it:
Except my hashtag was maybe a little less ironic. I know how taxes work.

I'm not even in these fandoms but I know an awful lot about these franchises (okay, full disclosure, I've watched some of them):




I may as well start writing fanfic, I've got such a handle on these characters!

Speaking of fanfic, no one is surprised at my ability to see Harry Potter in everything.
Tell me you can't see that Potions class. I kind of want to write it.
I know the following tweet makes more sense if you assume it's hockey-related (never seen a hockey game or this movie, but I was a child of the 90's. I've heard of The Mighty Ducks). But that's not where my mind went:


I'm not entirely sure whether Arthur is pop culture or geek culture or just...not culture. And I don't know where Love Ducks falls on that scale either.

This one is the truest of all truisms:

We love recommending books to each other. And to everyone else. Which reminds me, I never did a second-half 2014 roundup. Sorry.
I think this one is SO hilarious. Like, I heard the song the other day and I started laughing because I couldn't stop thinking about how funny I am.
I guess you are what you eat...

No comments:

floral