Friday, April 1, 2011

I can trace all my books [March 2011]

Here is the list of books I read this month. As we are now a quarter through the year (hooray!) it is also stats time! See below.

March
40. Cast in Silence by Michelle Sagara
41. Courting Miss Lancaster by Eden Smith
42. Cast in Chaos by Michelle Sagara
43. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Jamie Ford
44. Key Lime Pie by Josi S. Kilpack
45. I Was Jane Austen's Best Friend by Cora Harrison
46. The False Princess by Eilis O'Neal
47. Close to Famous by Joan Bauer
48. All Things Wise and Wonderful by James Herriot
49. The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place Book 1: The Mysterious Howling by Maryrose Wood
50. The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place Book 2: The Hidden Gallery by MaryRose Wood
51. Tall Story by Candy Gourlay
52. Around the World in 100 Days by Gary Blackwood
53. A Conspiracy of Kings by Megan Whalen Turner
54. Trickster's Girl by Hilari Bell
55. A Time to Die by Jeffrey S. Savage
56. The Outlaws of Sherwood by Robin McKinley
57. Belly Up by Stuart Gibbs


For the first quarter of the year (Jan-Mar), the results:
Total number of books: 57
Number of First-time Reads: 55
Number of Rereads: 2
Average number of books per month: 19
Number of nonfiction books: 2
Number of fiction books: 55

Something most impressive about these numbers is the small number of rereads. In fact, it's only been in the last week that I have reread any books at all, and they were books that I have only read once in the past. I picked up A Conspiracy of Kings on my birthday, because I got it last year for my birthday and hadn't read it since. Then my mom got Outlaws of Sherwood from the library, and I don't remember reading that since like eighth grade (or maybe sixth) so I picked it up again too! I really enjoyed my trend of only reading new books all the way through. Enjoyed it thoroughly indeed.

Also, with having read 2 nonfiction books already this year, I've smashed last year's record of 1. Go me!


title text: "Nothing Without You"

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Hey Leslie! I saw you last night at the Young Artist Cup, but we had to run after so I couldn't get over to say hi. You're sister did an amazing job and her dress was beautiful!

I'm glad you post the books you read because I am in desperate need of some ideas.

floral